I want to share with you a wedding gift bag I made recently. I really appreciate when someone takes the time to purchase the perfect gift. You know the one where you say you absolutely love it and mean it. But how about a special gift bag to put that perfect gift in.
I purchased a Cricut many years ago – sometime around 2008 and have just upgraded to a new Cricut Air ( which I love). It is so much quieter than my old expression & easy to use with the dial that sets the blade depth – no more guessing.
Here’s the bag I made.
Glue or adhesive roller
Cardstock: white, black, pink, light pink, dark pink, beige, ivory, green, yellow
- Using the Cricut Sweetheart cartridge for the Bride and Groom. Cut them at 5″. Using black & white cardstock and pink cardstock for face, hands and arms, bride’s hair is yellow cardstock.
- Cut heart behind the bride & groom from the Cricut Love Struck cartridge. The heart is the second one on the top row of the overlay with the backgound below it if you have an Expression. Cut the front overlay out of ivory cardstock & biege cardstock for the background
- After cutting out the background solid heart & cutout front piece glue them together using your favorite glue or adhesive roller.
- Glue the bride and groom onto the heart.
- I decided to add some dimension by punching out tiny flowers using Punch Bunch Small Hydra Cluster for the bridal bouquet & made a tulle veil instead of the one the Cricut cut out.
- Cut 30″ of gold stripe tulle to tie a bow on the handle
- Cut a piece of backgound paper 3.25″x 6/16″ & glue to front of clothespin – measure your clothespin some may be a little longer or shorter or wider.
- Using Cuttlebug. Cut out 2nd smallest of Sizzix heart set out of ivory & 3rd smallest of Sizzix heart set cut out beige.
- Using Cuttlebug cut 1 of the smallest hearts out of ivory.
- Glue the smallest heart to lower end of clothespin.
- Using 5/8″ daisy punch, punch out 2 light pink cardstock, 2 medium pink cardstock & 1 dark pink cardstock flowers.
- Cut out 3 branches using Martha Stewart Medium Branch punch.
- Glue branches in a triangle on one side of heart. Glue flowers on top of branches. Place a drop of gold glitter in center of flowers.
Then I needed a card to go with the gift. Using the same heart cut @ 4″ & the same background paper. Cut paper to fit 5″x6.5″ card front & glue to card . Center heart on card & glue. Cut gold ribbon 18″ & tie into bow. Using a Zots stick to card.
Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting.